DJ Swanky Profile
Tshepiso “Swanky” Manyaapelo is Cape Town based pro DJ who recently graduated from DJ Zintle’s Fuse Academy with a Gold certificate. Swanky is also a MC/Host with a voice full of energy and has a great passion for fashion, radio, television and all things media. With extensive experience in the corporate sector, her mind is a bank of knowledge which certify her as not just a pretty face, but also a formidable voice.
- What is your DJ Name?
- Where are you from?
- What city do you currently reside in?
Cape Town, Gugulethu.
- How long have you been in the industry?
It will be a year this year.
- What is your favourite track to mix with currently?
Wyro – Lem.
- What are your biggest achievements as a DJ?
This opportunity is definitely my biggest achievement by far as it will assist with my brand growth.
- What genre of music do you play?
Any sound with Electro elements with a combination of African beats.
- What made you want to become a DJ?
The love of entertaining.
- What was your biggest gig/s?
Being a new DJ, I’m yet to experience that.
- What are your personal interests, besides music?
Apart from being a DJ, I am a MC, Vocalist and aspiring radio and TV personality.
- What is your favourite quote?
“Practise like you’ve never won. Perform like you’ve never lost.”
- What artist do you find most inspirational, and why?
Black Coffee, music definitely chose him. I love his story.
- Where do you find inspiration for your music?
My past. Most songs I have on my list have a story behind it.
- What are the top 10 tips you would give to a female DJ starting out?
- Rule number one to remember is that good DJs aren’t born, they are made, if you have a passion, go for it.
- Always remember that behind every great DJ, there is a wealth of clubbing, mix sharing and general music loving. So be ready to party up a storm.
- Be aware that there are so many DJs on the industry, so make sure to develop your unique taste/style as you develop your DJ skills.
- Focus hard on your music collection, and always update it, according to your style.
- You should always be willing to work hard and go that extra mile .
- ALWAYS!!! remember that nobody is indispensable.
- Always look and act the part and no I don’t mean carry headphones everywhere (hahahaha) but protect and represent yourself and what you are building for yourself
- Find time to Detox from gigging.
- Be inspiring, Be different but mostly importantly be you.
- and HAVE FUN…