Top DJ tips and 10 Things people don’t know about Abby Nurock, the December Sweet Beats Ambassador.
Top tips from Abby Nurock
Abby Nurock’s 5 Tips:
1) Don’t give up on what you want- believe in your worth
2) Don’t let people discourage you or dishearten you
3) If a gig goes badly, pick yourself up and try again… everyone has bad days
4) Respect your fellow DJ’s- everyone has worked hard to be where they are.
5) Don’t be arrogant… humility will get you to where you need to be!
10 Things people don't know about me:
1) Im a jewellery designer/manufacturer and have a workshop from where I hand make and create unique pieces on a daily basis.
2) Im a yoga fanatic and every morning when I get out of bed I do a headstand- its great for oxygenating your brain, keeping you young and connecting with the earth’s prana.
3) I am completely obsessed with cats, particularly my own two, Theodore and Viola
4) I love to hike and try do a big hike once a year. Hikes I’ve done so far are Kilimanjaro, Everest Base Camp, Fish River Canyon, The Otter Trail, The Leopard Trail to name a few and next year we are planning on hiking through Ethiopia.
5) I love to dive… being underwater is a form of escapism for me and I am obsessed with sharks. (when Im diving, not when I’m swimming;))
6) I speak French as a second language
7) My favourite pastime is searching for shells when I’m at the coast. When my family and I go to Plettenberg Bay, searching for Pansy shells at low tide is my version of heaven.
8) I used to be in advertising and was an art director
9) I am very spiritual and love reading books on metaphysics, energy and holistic healing
10) I spend ALL of my money on vinyl… (totally unapologetically)
Share this post
In 2018, Strawberry Lips partnered with breast cancer awareness movement PinkDrive in a show of support for the educative initiative. Strawberry Lips, is a delectable liqueur made with real cream, laced with premium gold tequila and an unmistakable signature strawberry flavour
Abby Nurock describes herself as a purist. Her emotive relationship with music is her therapy, devoted strictly to vinyl. Infectious dance grooves and the majestic beats of the deeper sounds of house and tech infiltrate the hearts of the crowd.
Tip and things you didn’t know about Kia.
Be authentic in what you do,
Be prepared to work hard and research your music
Respect your fellow colleagues, other DJ’s are working just as hard as you
It has been a phenomenal year for local music and as the year draws to a close, it’s the perfect time to reflect on the last 11 months, the experiences and influences it made on us. Mzansi music (across all genres) has proven to be ground-breaking, earning its’ place on the global map musically.
know sometimes life can be tough and guess what? It’s all in your head. If you stop all the negativity, you will see changes in your life. Trust me it has worked for me.
So, you always wanted natural hair but you just don’t know how or not sure where to start? Well, I’m here for that and I will help you!
Its stressful to go all natural, I know! It’s all because you are so used to having relaxed hair and I know how frustrating it is to grow natural hair. It is hard to maintain or grow so you have to be very patient and take good care of your hair
October 29, 2018 | News,OUR DJ’S The unsung hero of the media and entertainment industry The rise and rise of media mogul and mom, Kia Johnson Quirky, ambitious, vivacious, driven and ready for any challenge that comes her way. She’s your traffic-eye in the sky on Radio 2000, Metro FM and SAfm, and has you … Read more…